Join Tablespoon Cooking Co. and guest chef Mapi De Veyra of Quan Hapa for a night of Filipino cooking! Chef Mapi and the Tablespoon chefs will guide you through the vibrant flavors of his home country, The Philippines. We’ll explore the multi-layered cuisine that is full of influence from the Spanish, Chinese and Malay. You’ll learn how to make Filipino staples like lumpia and adobo and we’ll discuss where to buy important Pinoy ingredients like banana ketchup and calamansi, soy sauce, shrimp paste and vinegar. After all the cooking is finished, you and your classmates will sit down to enjoy the feast! We’ll end the evening with the famous Filipino dessert called halo-halo. Tickets will sell out quickly!
With all Tablespoon classes you get:
- Hands-on instruction from professional chefs
- Complimentary beer and wine — we offer a seasonally rotating selection of wines from small producers as well as local craft beer
- A booklet of recipes from class
- All the food you cook and enjoy during class, and any leftovers to bring home!
Refund Policy: If for any reason you are unable to attend class, please contact us via e-mail or phone as far in advance as possible. Tickets are non-refundable, but for cancellations made at least 5 days before the class begins, you can either:
- Receive TBSP credit equal to the full amount of the purchase. (Transfer fees may apply)
- Transfer to another class of equal or lesser value (subject to seat availability at the time of the transfer)
Cancellations made within 5 days of the class are subject to a 100% cancellation fee, or you may give your ticket(s) to someone you know.