How’s your 2018 going? If you haven’t made resolutions, it’s not too late to make this your best year yet! To help inspire you (or those of you rethinking your resolutions *wink*), here’s the TBSP team’s #foodgoals:
Jordan Hamons – Chef-Owner
“My resolutions are:
- Drink more wine. I am always interested to learn more about wine and the best way to do that is to drink it.
- Saber a bottle of champagne. This just sounds fun – Maybe we’ll do a champagne sabering class in the spring!
- Try at least five new cuisines. I hope to travel more so I can do this, but diversifying the restaurants I eat at locally also counts. I went to a Yemeni restaurant on New Year’s Day so I’m off to a strong start!”
Becca Kinney – Sous Chef
“Even though I’ve been cooking for a long time, there’s always something new to learn. I’m focusing on being a better chef so I can help others do the same.
- Try a new recipe or cooking technique each week.
- Post on Instagram more! so I can share my progress and learn from others in the industry. (Find Becca at @par_baked_and_deep_fried)
- Learn to use my new Instant Pot! (You can get one here!)”
Lindsey Prows – Health & Wellness Coach/Chef Instructor
“Being healthy in the long run means building good habits and making those habits easy to keep up! This year, I’m going to:
- Make more smoothies
- Create my own spice blend and
- Build a veggie garden in my backyard!“
Sulin Ngo – Marketing & Communications/Baking & Pastry Instructor
“My resolutions are:
- Read a book every week. (Cookbooks count!) I started this year off with My Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz.
- Only buy raw ingredients (or things I can’t make myself). One thing that keeps my sweet tooth in check is not buying things that are pre-made. If I crave something, I have to make it for myself!
- Nail down the perfect macaron recipe (for a future class). Wish me luck!”
Hannah Duckworth – Marketing & Communications Intern
“This year, I’m so excited to travel across Europe as part of UC’s Lindner Honors-PLUS program. I hope to find a favorite restaurant in every country I’m visiting! And outside of that, I want to try every Cincinnati-brewed beer.“
(Have suggestions for where Hannah should eat and drink? Follow her travels and send your favorites to IG: @handuckworth)