Starting on June 4th, in-person classes will resume at Findlay Kitchen. As we start to reopen, our class schedule will primarily be dedicated to rescheduling classes that were postponed due to Covid-19. If you had tickets to one of those classes, please keep an eye on your inbox for more information over the next few weeks. We’ll reach out as soon as your class is rescheduled.
Those who originally had tickets to these postponed classes will be offered the first spots in any rescheduled dates. However, we anticipate some available spots in these rescheduled classes in June and July. We know not everyone is ready to join us for in-person classes, but if you are (and you didn’t have tickets to a postponed class), please fill out the form linked below and we’ll contact you if spots become available. This will also help us determine which classes our customers most want to take, so if there’s a class you’ve been waiting for – please let us know!
CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT FORM
If you aren’t quite ready to join us for an in-person class, make sure to check out our virtual classes! We will be continuing to offer lots of great menus, so don’t miss out!
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our first priority. We’ve spent weeks planning our reopening, and have developed a PDF outlining changes to our class structure and procedures.
We are dedicated to keeping our events safe, comfortable and fun for all our guests. If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas for improvement, please don’t hesitate to reach out at email@example.com or 513-818-2975.
Tablespoon Safe Cooking and Dining Plan
Services and Class Layout
If you’ve attended one of our classes before, you know that the guest experience is at the heart of everything we do. The following modifications to our classes were designed to keep everyone safe, while retaining the integrity of our signature hospitality.
- More team members will be present to assist guests with any needs.
- You may notice the use of additional disposable dishes, utensils and glasses in order to eliminate re-use and contact.
- We’ve eliminated or found alternatives to high-touch and self-service areas.
- We will use “no contact” transfers when possible.
- We’ve evaluated each class and will be making specific adjustments based on the menu and flow of class.
- We are capping event capacity to 12-13 guests.
- We’ve removed the dining room area in order to provide more space. Instead, guests will dine at their work stations.
- We’ve reconfigured the classroom kitchen to provide 6 feet of distance between each party’s workstation(s). (see pictures below for station and party configurations).
- Typically, guests will congregate around the front table for demonstrations to get a closer look. Instead, we’ll have a live video feed of the demonstrations on two large monitors and include a microphone to help project audio throughout the kitchen.
- We’ve marked off spots on the floor where guests can stand for the demo and still have safe social distancing.
- Our classes will not include any “group cooking” — each party or individual will have their own station, set of ingredients and equipment. You will share a station with individuals in your party, but you will not be cooking or sharing food with anyone else in the class.
- PLEASE NOTE : Unless you indicate otherwise, we will assume that you are comfortable sharing a station with your entire party (all tickets on your order). If you are not comfortable sharing a station with someone in your party, please communicate this in your registration. Our class capacity is limited due to these layout restrictions, so we may not be able to accommodate last minute changes or requests.
GUIDELINES FOR GUESTS
We are looking forward to seeing you in class again! In order to provide the safest experience for all guests, please review and follow these guidelines:
- Review all information in this document
- Be ready to provide full name and contact information for everyone in your party so we may contact you after your visit, if necessary.
- Make sure everyone in your party has completed a digital waiver and declaration of health prior to arrival.
- Perform a Covid-19 symptom self-assessment and stay home if symptoms are present.
- If you are unable to attend class and need to stay home, contact our staff as soon as possible. Even if your cancellation request is outside of the 7 day window for receiving transfer credit (see cancellation policy), our staff will always do whatever we can to help fill your seat or provide alternatives. If you fail to provide notice that you are no longer able to attend class, we will not be able to provide credit or a refund of any kind.
- When you arrive at the kitchen, a staff member will greet you outside the door and may take your temperature via an infrared thermometer.
- Once inside, our staff will welcome you, help you check in and show you to your workstation.
- Upon arrival to the classroom kitchen, please wash or sanitize hands.
- Please wear a mask when not actively eating and drinking.
- Be mindful of other guests and do your best to follow safe distancing and sanitation guidelines.
- Let us help! We are happy to assist in any way to make you feel safe and comfortable while you are cooking with us.
I had tickets to a postponed class that has now been rescheduled, but I am not comfortable coming to an in-person class yet, or I am unable to attend the new date. What should I do?
We would love for you to join us for a virtual class or we can give you a credit to apply to a future date. We can also keep you on the in-person class’s priority list and alert you the next time this class is scheduled.
Do I have to wear a mask?
We kindly ask that you wear a mask when you are not actively eating and drinking.
Will you still be offering virtual classes?
Yes! If you’re not able to join us for an in-person class at this time, please join us for a virtual class! Please visit our class calendar at www.tablespooncookingco.com/classes
How will you ensure social distancing?
Please review p. 2-4 of this document. We have reconfigured our classroom to provide maximum distance between parties. We will be monitoring during each event and making adjustments as needed.
Will I be cooking with other people?
You will only be cooking with others in your party (those you bought tickets for/with), unless you indicate otherwise on your registration. We will assume that you are comfortable sharing a station with your entire party (all tickets on your order). If you are not comfortable sharing a station with those in your party, please communicate this in your registration. Our class capacity is limited due to these layout restrictions, so we may not be able to accommodate last minute changes or requests.