If health and nutrition are at the centerpiece of your goals, set yourself up for success! Join us for Meal Prep Essentials where you’ll gain the important skills you need to plan, prep & shop for meals like a pro! At Tablespoon, we believe that cooking nutritious meals and creative weekly spreads should be easy and fun, even in your busiest of weeks.
In this class you will:
- Become familiar with the recommended macronutrient balance at meals for fullness and balance all day long
- Discuss how to plan, prep & shop for meals like a pro
- Figure out how to stretch ingredients across several meals to avoid waste and save time
- Prepare a spread of flavorful dishes to take home for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Like any Tablespoon class, you’ll get:
- Hands-on instruction from professionals & our knowledgable, experienced staff
- Complimentary beer and wine — we offer a seasonally rotating selection of wines from small producers as well as local craft beer
- A booklet of recipes from class
New to cooking? No sweat! This class is for chefs of all skill levels. You’ll experience Tablespoon’s hands-on learning, gain valuable information and walk away knowing that healthy eating doesn’t have to be hard.
This class is led by Kayla Hansmann, Tablespoon’s resident dietitian nutritionist and wellness expert. As a registered dietitian nutritionist, Kayla has a passion for how food and nutrition intersect to form delicious combinations in a healthful, balanced, and realistic way with cooking as the backbone of that relationship. Her experience includes working as a clinical pediatric dietitian, community nutritionist and chef instructor with Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters, as well as an independent consultant for corporations and private clients.
Kayla is a graduate of Saint Louis University and received her master’s degree and completed her dietetic internship training at Loyola University Chicago.