At Tablespoon Cooking Co., we believe that cooking delicious, healthy meals should be easy and fun! Join us for this brand new class where we’ll teach you how to put a healthy spin on your favorite meals. With proper cooking technique and a few simple swaps, you’ll learn to turn those indulgent “special occasion” dishes into (nutritious!) regular weeknight favorites! In this class, you’ll learn:
- about helpful kitchen gadgets for lighter cooking techniques
- handy kitchen hacks to cut down on time without sacrificing flavor
- simple ingredient swaps to add nutritional value and eliminate extra calories, fat, and added sugar
New to cooking? No sweat! This class is for chefs of all skill levels. You’ll experience Tablespoon’s hands-on learning, gain valuable information and walk away knowing that healthy eating doesn’t have to be hard.
With all Tablespoon classes you get:
- Hands-on instruction from professional chefs
- Complimentary beer and wine — we offer a seasonally rotating selection of wines from small producers as well as local craft beer
- A booklet of recipes from class
- All the food you cook and enjoy during class, and any leftovers to bring home!
Questions? Please e-mail us at [email protected]
This class is led by Kayla Hansmann, Tablespoon’s resident dietitian nutritionist and wellness expert. As a registered dietitian nutritionist, Kayla has a passion for how food and nutrition intersect to form delicious combinations in a healthful, balanced, and realistic way with cooking as the backbone of that relationship. Her experience includes working as a clinical pediatric dietitian, community nutritionist and chef instructor with Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters, as well as an independent consultant for corporations and private clients. Kayla is a graduate of Saint Louis University and received her master’s degree and completed her dietetic internship training at Loyola University Chicago.
Questions? Please email us at [email protected]