This class is sold out! To join the waitlist, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to improve your knife skills and be a better, safer and more efficient cook at home? Essential Knife Skills with Tablespoon Cooking Co. is the place to start! Our professional chefs will share culinary school tricks and restaurant secrets that will elevate your home cooking to the next level. Whether you’re an experienced cook or a beginner, we promise you’ll leave having learned something new!
- How to properly hold and handle knives
- How to choose a good knife
- Essential cutting techniques and when to use each skill
Your ticket includes:
- A light sandwich/salad dinner at the beginning of class (see “do we cook in this class” in FAQ below)
- Hands-on instruction from professional chefs
- Beer and wine — we offer a seasonally rotating selection of wines from small producers as well as local craft beer
- A take-home guide from class
- Do we cook in this class? No, but you’ll be chopping up various raw ingredients like peppers and onions. We’ll provide you with a great recipe that uses the ingredients you cut up so that you can bring everything home and make a meal out of it later!
- What do I need to bring? Not much! We’ll provide the ingredients and have nice knives from our partner, Artichoke OTR for you to use throughout class.
- Is it fun? Yes. It’s one of our most popular classes and a great place to start if you’re looking to improve your skills! It tends to fill up quickly, so sign up ASAP!