*This event is a separate event/ticket from our monthly cookbook club* Join us for cookbook club the following Tuesday (6/11) to keep the party going — “The Taste of Country Cooking” is our book of the month.
At Tablespoon, we love to explore and find inspiration from our favorite chefs, food writers and authors. Cooking from a book at home is a great way to learn, but cooking with the Tablespoon chefs is a true celebration.
In this class, we’ll be cooking from and discussing Edna Lewis’s “The Taste of Country Cooking”, a treasured cookbook that changed the course of American cuisine. Lewis was a renowned African American chef, teacher and author who helped redefine the American view of Southern cooking. You’ll get hands-on experience cooking recipes from the book that illustrate Edna’s love of fresh, in-season ingredients and we’ll discuss and celebrate Lewis’s interpretation of country-style seasonal cooking.
With all Tablespoon classes you get:
- Hands-on instruction from professional chefs
- Complimentary beer and wine — we offer a seasonally rotating selection of wines from small producers as well as local craft beer
- A booklet of recipes from class
- All the food you cook and enjoy during class, and any leftovers to bring home!
Refund Policy: If for any reason you are unable to attend class, please contact us via e-mail or phone as far in advance as possible. Tickets are non-refundable, but for cancellations made at least 5 days before the class begins, you can either:
- Receive TBSP credit equal to the full amount of the purchase. (Transfer fees may apply)
- Transfer to another class of equal or lesser value (subject to seat availability at the time of the transfer)
Cancellations made within 5 days of the class are subject to a 100% cancellation fee, or you may give your ticket(s) to someone you know.