Butchery Basics: Chicken
Free yourself from the monotony of boneless, skinless chicken breast and come learn how to work with the whole bird. We’ll teach you some basic butchery techniques that will save you time and money and help you cook more delicious food! Join us for a fun, informative and hands-on class on selecting, fabricating and cooking chicken.
Tablespoon’s resident butcher and “meat guy” Max Mcbride will teach you how to:
- Break down a chicken in the most useful ways: quarter, spatchcock, and 8-piece
- Work with a reputable butcher to purchase high quality chicken
- Safely handle raw chicken
- Recommended cooking techniques for the different parts of the bird
- How to carve a roasted chicken
- Turn the bones into stock
Each student will receive two whole chickens to practice the butchery skills. As with all TBSP classes, you get to take home anything you make. So be sure to bring a bag or container to transport your goodies.
No previous experience is required, but this class pairs nicely with our Essential Knife Skills class. View our other class offerings here: http://tablespooncookingco.com/classes/
Seating is limited so sign up soon!
Questions? Contact us: [email protected]